High Water Bill Options
Receiving an unexpectedly high water bill can be alarming! Water Utility Management takes high bill concerns seriously and is committed to protecting our water supply and assisting customers. We offer the following adjustment programs for qualifying customers:
- Leak Repair Adjustment rewards customers for fixing leaks, and is limited to one in a rolling 12-month period.
The requirements and process for applying are detailed below:
The Leak Repair Adjustment rewards customers for fixing leaks and is limited to one in a rolling 12-month period. A customer may apply for this bill credit provided that:
- The bill in question was greater than two times the average water use
- The customer has not received a Leak Repair Adjustment in the previous 12 months
- The customer has submitted this application within 60 days of the end date for the service period in question
Step 1. Gather Documentation
To request a leak repair adjustment, please complete the proper application and provide Customer Care with the following information within 60 days of the leak repair:
- A copy of the repair receipt or paid in full invoice
- Your Water Utility Management account number
- The property address where the repair took place
- Range of high bill dates caused by the leak
- The date and description of the repair
Step 2. Submit Application & Required Documents
PDF Document: Leak Repair Adjustment Application
Send your application and supporting information to our office by one of the following methods:
- Create a request on Customer Portal: (Once logged in to the Portal, navigate to My Account, then Customer Request to create a request).
- Email: CustomerCare@WaterGA.com
- Fax: 912-355-4466 Attn: Water Bill Adjustment
- Mail: Water Utility Management
Attn: Water Bill Adjustment
P.O. Box 1526
Savannah, GA 31402
- In person: 28 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401
A representative will contact you once your submission has been received and deemed eligible for the adjustment program. Upon application acceptance and verification of the previous leak being repaired, the leak adjustment will be applied as a credit to the account.
Accounts receiving leak adjustments are ineligible for another water leak repair bill adjustment for the next 12 months.
* We are now accepting customer requests in the Customer Portal. Please contact our office for further assistance.
Why would I not qualify for a water leak repair bill adjustment?
Your account may not qualify for a water leak repair bill adjustment if during the high water volume period you:
- Failed to provide documentation that the leak was repaired,
- Filled a swimming pool,
- Established a new landscape (new sod, new trees, xeriscaping), or
- Received a water leak repair bill adjustment in the previous 12 months.