Water Utility Management social media sites are not monitored 24/7. We welcome and respect the thoughts, ideas, and opinions of others, but please remember that social media outlets are public space and viewable by all.
When online, we ask that you:
- Treat others with respect
- Refrain from using profanity or threatening messages
- Do not engage in any form of harassment or discrimination
- Do not discuss or disclose proprietary or confidential information
- Behave ethically at all times
WUM holds the right to remove any posts and ban any members that do not comply with these terms.
If you are currently experiencing an emergency or have any other questions, please contact our office at 912.352.9339 or by email to CustomerCare@waterga.com
This policy was last updated on November 11, 2020
Water Utility Management has opened and maintains publicly facing pages on third-party social media sites (“Social Media Sites”) for displaying, disseminating, and viewing content and/or videos and posting comments about Water Utility Management.
- Content posted by users of this site does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Water Utility Management or its employees. Water Utility Management: (a) does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statements posted by users; (b) is not responsible for any user content on this site, and (c) does not endorse any opinions expressed by users on this site.
- By using a Social Media Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, and if you are younger than 18 years old, you are using the applicable Social Media Site with the knowledge and consent of your parent or legal guardian.
- You agree that you will not:
- Violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via these Terms;
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in Water Utility Management’s discretion;
- Harass another;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or agency relationship with a person or entity;
- Transmit any material (by any means) that:
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Contains malware, Trojan horses, viruses, time bombs, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, mobile devices, or telecommunications equipment;
- Transmit (by any means) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; Post any third party links; or
- Collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; record any data without authorization, or to share confidential information of any party.
- By providing any content to any Social Media Site, you grant to Water Utility Management the irrevocable, worldwide, transferrable, royalty-free, right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content, transfer the medium of such content, and use such content for any Water Utility Management purpose regardless of whether such use is part of a Social Media Site or otherwise.
- Water Utility Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any time, without notice and for any reason, to:
- Monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue or request to discontinue your access to this Social Media Site;
- Remove, delete, block, filter or restrict, by any mean, any materials you post; and
- Disclose your communications and activities with Water Utility Management, including in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities (e.g., Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas).
- You agree that in the event that Water Utility Management exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Water Utility Management will have no liability to you.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Water Utility Management and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of these Terms.
- You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Georgia without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Georgia.
- THESE TERMS MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW TERMS WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, Water Utility Management suggests that you review the Terms, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to these Terms.