Water Utility Management is concerned with the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on our customers and their livelihoods – we’re here to help. As a result of this challenging time, WUM has introduced the COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program to help minimize the monthly billing impact to customers who need it the most.
What is the COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program?
The COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program addresses the billing concerns of customers who have been directly affected financially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Customers who have been unable to work or have lost their livelihoods may be able to receive billing assistance from Water Utility Management. WUM is taking a balanced approach to ensure we support our customers that need it the most, while also considering the long-term impacts for all of our customers. We will closely monitor the success of the program and the impact on our customers throughout this period of time. The length of the program will continue to be evaluated on an ongoing basis.
To take part in this program, eligible customers will need to complete an application and submit it to our office. Applications will be reviewed by an internal committee and acceptance will be communicated promptly. After acceptance into the program, we will work to create an interest free repayment schedule for customers on a case-by-case basis. Most repayment plans will be spread out over the next 6 – 12 months to help lessen the immediate financial impacts during this time. Depending on account history, some plans may require a down payment.
The following criteria is required to be considered for acceptance:
- Customers must acknowledge loss of employment, livelihood or being forced to take a voluntary leave due to the COVID-19 outbreak and be able to provide documentation of hardship during the March 4, 2020 and August 31, 2020 timeframe.
- All customers must provide their Water Utility Management Customer Number and contact information confirming they are a customer.
- All customers must agree to enter into a payment arrangement with the understanding that all payments, both payment arrangements and future billings, must be paid on time or an immediate service disconnection will be scheduled.
- Customer must be in good standing with Water Utility Management prior to March 4, 2020.
- Accounts must not have past due charges, NSF charges over the past 12 months, and must not be locked out for delinquent or non-payment prior to March 4, 2020.
- Program acceptance is only applicable to current charges on bill statements due between March 4, 2020 and August 31, 2020.
Filing for unemployment or re-employment assistance, city, state or federal COVID-19 relief. Letter from employer that states you or another household member have reduced hours or were laid off. Other documents that shows you or another household member have had direct financial impact through the COVID-19 crisis.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted immediately for support through this program. We require that customers initiate communication at least 10 business days before the scheduled shut off date, once that date has been identified and communicated.
* Please Note: Customers are not required to follow up with us. Once the application has been completed and submitted a confirmation email will be sent to the email address used in the form. Received applications will be automatically placed in a queue to be reviewed in the order it was transmitted. A follow up communication will be sent once the review process has been completed and a committee decision has been made.
Get Started: Complete the online form below.