(912) 352-9339
(888) 352-9339
Water Utility Management, LLC
621 Stephenson Avenue
Savannah, Georgia 31405
Submit a Suggestion
Please check the box below to verify you are not a bot.
Water Utility Management Company, LLC BBB Business Review

Water Utility Management is a full-service water and wastewater utility provider. We have worked in partnership with many developers and builders to design, install, and operate community water and wastewater systems. We typically will engineer community water and wastewater systems in cooperation with a developer and obtain all of the necessary permits from the local governments and the Environmental Protection Division. We are also able to contribute to projects monetarily, and have water rights that are deployable to many areas. Please contact us if you would like us to look at a project.

Information for Homebuilders and Developers:

Establishing New Service (Tie-ins)

Before a local government will issue a building permit, water service must be established to a lot. If your lot does not have water service established, please contact Water Utility Management (WUM) to schedule a survey for a tie-in. Homeowners/homebuilders should clearly mark property corners for the lot desiring service, as well as mark the intended location for the water meter and meter box. This avoids any confusion and prevents meters from interfering with plans for driveways or mailbox locations. During a survey for tie-in, WUM will determine your distance from a water main and ascertain the material, labor, and permitting costs necessary to establish service at your address.

WUM will then report these findings to you, and both parties will agree on a price for the work. WUM will take account information from you and set up an account at that address, and, as soon as WUM receives payment for the tie-in, WUM will issue a work order for your address. The work will then be completed as soon as it can be scheduled into the work order list. Please allow two weeks for the work to be completed.

Tie in Policies

Tie-ins fall into two rough categories: Either a homeowner/homebuilder/lot owner is seeking to establish water service for construction or residential use, or they are attempting to put water service on the property so the property may be sold with water service on it. The following policies apply to these situations.

If you are establishing water service for use: As part of your tie-in, you will receive a service line to your property, a water meter, and a meter box. WUM will install the meter, and bury the box in the agreed upon location, 2" above the grade of the yard. You, as the customer, are responsible for safeguarding this box and your meter from damage or theft. Additionally, you are responsible for installing a water line from the meter so you may begin using the water and for any plumbing to a house or other structure on the property. If WUM finds a meter or meter box damaged or missing, you will be charged for those items.

In addition to safeguarding the meter and box from theft and damage, you are responsible for ensuring the meter box remains visible and accessible to the utility company. This means that any alteration to the landscaping must result in the meter box being shifted to remain 2" above grade. Also, if the meter is covered by sod, dirt, or concrete, you must pay for another tap, or for the labor and materials to uncover and/or relocate the meter and meter box.

If you are establishing water service that you will not use in the near future: WUM will install your service lateral to your property and "stub it out" above ground. This practice makes the line visible and hopefully prevents its damage. Additionally, WUM will lock the service lateral to prevent water theft. When you are ready to use water on the lot, call WUM and they will install a meter, bury the meter in a meter box, and obtain an initial meter reading. There is a meter fee for us to come back to the address and set a meter. Also, each time the account changes ownership, there is a new account set up fee. In general, it is most cost effective to have the meter installed at the time of the tie-in.

Water Service on a Vacant Lot or Construction Site

In many instances, a service lateral will be 'stubbed out' to a vacant lot. If you desire to use water on the property, you must contact the water company for a meter and set up an account. Additionally, homebuilders will be required to pay a refundable deposit. Any homebuilder caught using water on a property without an account will be referred to law enforcement for theft of services. Water Utility Management also reserves the right to deny service to a new address, if a past due amount is owed on other accounts held by a homebuilder.

Any past due amount that exceeds $500 will result in a lien being filed against the serviced property.